Social Explorer provides access to historical census data and demographic information. It creates maps and reports to help users visually analyze and understand demography and social change throughout history.
- Provides easy access to current and historical demographic data:
- Including over 40 billion data elements, 200,000 variables and more than 18,000 interactive maps from 1790 to 2010.
- The entire US Census from 1790 to 2010. All annual updates from the American Community Survey (from 2005 to 2010).
- All annual updates from the American Community Survey.
- InfoGroup data on religious congregations for the United States for 2009, including maps for counties, and special census areas, as well as point maps of the actual congregation locations (to be updated yearly).
- The Religious Congregations and Membership Study (RCMS) from 1980 to 2000. (To be updated in 2012.)
- Carbon Emissions Data for 2002 from the Vulcan Project.
- Creates thematic and interactive maps that make it easy to visually explore all historical and modern US census data across the centuries and even down to street level detail where available.
- Creates reports at all geographic levels including the state, county, census tract, block group, zip code and census place (where the data exist)