Sister Margaret Farley, ethicist and professor emerita at Yale Divinity School and a member of the Sisters of Mercy religious order, has been accused by the Vatican of publishing a book Just love : a framework for Christian sexual ethics that poses “grave harm” to the faithful.
The library has many resources for you to explore to learn more about this issue:
- Read the book itself: Just love : a framework for Christian sexual ethics by Margaret A. Farley, Stacks Upper Level - BT708 .F38 2006 .
- To find other books and material in our collection by Margaret Farley - click here
- View Margaret A. Farley giving the Ninth Annual Anne Drummey O'Callaghan lecture on Women in the Church at Fairfield University Quick Center (2009): "Agenda for women in the 21st century [videorecording]" available at Media Collection Lower Level - BX2347.8.W6 A54.
- Read the letter: The Notification of the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith concerning Mercy Sr. Margaret Farley's Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics.
- Listen to NPR's Morning Edition June 6, 2012 story: "Vatican Criticizes American Theologian's Book".
- Read National Catholic Reporter's article: "No justice for Margaret Farley and 'Just Love'".