Starting on July 6th, the DiMenna-Nyselius Library will make physical items from our collection, or from Interlibrary Loan (ILL), available to Fairfield University faculty, staff, and students. Although the library building is currently closed, our staff are prepared to provide materials in a safe manner, in accordance with State and professional guidelines. Requested items will be pulled and checked out to your account, wrapped in paper with your name, and placed on a book cart in the library lobby. You will receive an email when your items are ready for pickup.
Faculty, staff, and students will be able to place requests for physical items to borrow in several ways:
- Through the “Request” feature in the catalog*
- Email email@example.com with the "permalink" from our catalog (this is the stable link in each item record)
- If the item is an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request, fill out the ILL form: https://fairfield.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html
You will be emailed when your items are available for pickup. Please keep in mind:
- No staff will be onsite to assist you. Please bring your StagCard to access the library lobby to retrieve your items.
- Library staff will prepare requested materials from our collection and put them on the cart on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items will also be placed on the book cart on Tuesdays between the hours of 9:00 AM -12:00 PM. The turnaround for ILL books will vary, depending on availability, but we anticipate that items will be available for pick-up within 10-14 days from the date of request.
- Any request made after 1:00 PM on Monday will be made available on Thursday, excluding holidays.
- Any request made after 1:00 PM on Thursday will be made available the following Monday, excluding holidays.
- * To request items from the library catalog, you must be signed in with your NetID and password. Once you are signed in, the record for each item will display a “Request” hyperlink that you can use for each item.
- Return items to the book drop in the lobby or on the exterior side of the library building (Bannow side).
- Materials will be quarantined for at least 72 hours (following guidelines and research from the Institute of Museum & Library Services and Northeast Document Conservation Center) before staff are able to check them in.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more updates about library resources and services visit: bit.ly/dnlupdate
At this time physical item borrowing is only available for Fairfield University faculty, staff, and students. There is no limit on the number of requests that can be made.