Finals Week Offerings & Resources
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Finals…
The Library is here to help you do your best. Check out all of the ways we’ll help you stay focused, calm, and awake in the coming days....
Important Building Info:
- Update as of 12/20: Please note the change in Library building hours
- Reminder: masks are required even while using the study rooms. Library hours are subject to change.
- Research services are available online only. Please use our 24/7 chat service for immediate research help.
- We are opening up additional study space in the evenings:
- MAIN LEVEL
- Room 231 (Peer Tutoring Rm near the Popular Reading Collection): 8:30pm-7am, 12/14 - 12/22
- Math Center: 8:30pm-7am, 12/14 - 12/22
- Writing Center: starting at 4:30pm, 12/17 - 12/22
- LOWER LEVEL
- Rm 107C (Classroom): 6pm - 7am, 12/14 - 12/22
- Rm 101 (Multimedia Room): 6pm - 7am, 12/14 - 12/19
- Rm 114 (Library Instruction Room): 6pm-7am , 12/15 - 12/22
- And don't forget about other drop-in spaces in the building like the Collaboratories and Quiet Room (rm 115) on the lower level.
- MAIN LEVEL
- Study supplies (highlighters, pens, index cards, and ear plugs) at the Library Services & Information Desk. While supplies last.
- Borrow useful items from our "Library of Things" with your StagCard at the Library Services & Information Desk such as phone and laptop chargers, mini white boards, blue light glasses, book stands, lap desks, a white noise machine for your study room, etc.. You can also borrow board games, lawn chairs, etc.
- Late Night Ramen hosted by the Asian Student Association Tues. 12/14 from 10-11pm. Stop by the lobby to grab your ramen cup and water.
- Librarians are available to help you with research and citations. Ask a Librarian! Starting 12/18, all research services will be online only. Ask for help using the 24/7 chat, send us an email, or schedule a virtual research appointment! A research librarian will also be available at the Office of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs "Finals Madness" events from 6-8pm 12/15-12/16 in-person and will attend their virtual event on Friday, 12/17 .
- The Writing Center will offer tutoring 12/14-12/17. Book appointments in advance.
- Drop by CRAM JAM on the second reading day, Wed. 12/15 from 12-5pm to get help from peer tutors in various subjects or get citation/research help from a librarian. There will be snacks, study supplies, and a raffle too! Specific times tutors are available will be posted on the event page. The Writing Center and Math Center have also opened up one on one appointment slots during this time too. Book these from their websites.
- De-stress programming such as:
- Postcard Writing, 12/14, 10am-5pm (or while supplies last), lobby
- Paws to Relax (Pet a Therapy Dog), 12/14, 1-3pm, Innovation Lab
- De-stress with Doodling (Live Streamed FUAM Workshop), 12/14, 5-6pm, rm 114. Register on Life@Fairfield Drawing supplies and snacks provided.
- Fairfield @ Night DIY Snow Globes, 12/14, 8pm-11pm, rm 114
- Holiday/Winter Film Screenings ,12/14, 12/15, & 12/16 at 3pm, rm 101
- 4th Annual Pickle Hunt, 12/16, 10am until last pickle found
- Lattes with Librarians (casual chat about books over coffee/cookies), 12/20, 3-4pm, event will now be virtual
- Looking ahead to the winter break? In need of reading motivation? Sign-up for the Winter Reading Challenge! Or grab a book from the Popular Reading Collection on the main level.
- Spotify channel with a variety of playlists and study tunes
- Take a Screen Break and look at some Art! Grab your coat and an Outdoor Sculpture Map from our de-stress table. Or visit one of the FUAM art exhibits on campus at the Walsh Art Gallery or Bellarmine (open until 12/18).