Pop Culture Universe
Keep fresh on pop culture with the groovin' vibe' of Pop Culture Universe. This database presents quality reference material on fashion, music, movies, fads, sports and much more. Explore American culture from the 1920's to today, easily searching by decade or by subject.
Some remarkable trivia includes:
- - The Easy-Bake Oven was introduced to the general public at New York’s Toy Fair in February 1964.
- - The year 2004 was when the term CrackBerry was introduced as "the addictive qualities of the BlackBerry device"
- - The Harry Potter phenomenon begins when the first book in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, is published in the UK on June 30, 1997.
- - In 1981, MTV launches the first national cable channel devoted to playing music videos 24 hours a day.
- - Earl Tupper sells his temperature-resistant, food storage containers directly to householders in 1951. Within three years, 19,000 salespeople are holding in-home Tupperware parties.
This database is the 2009 winner of the Dartmouth Medal for outstanding reference source.