Research Consultation Room, ITS, and More Building Improvements
We're excited to kick off the spring semester with some building changes that will allow us to improve our service to the university community. What's new?
- Research Consultation Room Because of the popularity of our personal research appointments, we wanted a better space for accommodating your in-depth research questions. Now located in the room that the ITS Help Desk used to occupy, our new Research Consultation Room is a more collaboration-friendly space for us to host personal research appointments. You can schedule a research appointment by using our quick and easy online booking form. [Click here to book an appointment]
- ITS Help Desk Given the usage that the help desk gets, it made sense for ITS to move into a larger space. The new location is the room directly adjacent to the old location (now the research consultation room). Technology and research help are now available in one convenient location!
- Popular Magazines Now in Popular Reading Area Our popular magazine collection has moved from the lower level of the library to the popular reading collection on the main level. We hope that making the popular magazines more visible will make it more convenient for our patrons to use them. We are collecting feedback to see if this should become a permanent location change. If you have any questions or suggestions about this change, please email Brooke Duffy, Student Engagement & Outreach Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentation Practice Room A reminder about the relatively new presentation practice room - a terrific space with technology set up for videoconferencing and for recording a presentation practice session so you can play it back for yourself and see areas for improvement. This is on the upper level of the library on the BCC and School of Nursing side of the building. [Click here] to learn more about the capability of this space and to book the room.
- Curriculum Collection The Curriculum Collection, which comprises children's literature, non-fiction, and educational kits, moved in mid-fall semester to make space for the new ITS Help Desk location. We will be launching a display area to feature this collection more prominently.