Finals @ The Library – Where Studious Stags Come Together
The Library is here to help you do your best. Check out all of the ways we’ll help you stay focused, calm, and awake in the coming days....
Important Building Info:
- The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open 24 hours starting May 2 through May 10th.
- View our Library building hours and staffed research hours.
- We are opening up additional study space on the Lower Level in the evenings! Check back for more info as we add additional spaces
- Rm 114 (Library Instruction Room): 6pm-7am on Tues. 5/2, 8pm-7am on Wed. 5/3, and 5pm-7am 5/4-5/9.
- Rm 106A (Classroom): A sign will posted on the door with times available
- And don't forget about other drop-in spaces in the building like the Collaboratories and Quiet Room (rm 115) on the lower level.
- Library Dunkin open 8:00am-8:00pm
- Vending machines, microwave, and a toaster available in the Cafe. There are also desktop computers towards the back of this space and gender inclusive restrooms.
- Return your Library Books before you leave campus. You can drop your books to the Library Services & Information Desk or one of the book drops (located in the lobby and another on the exterior Bannow side of the building).
- Donate your class textbooks (or any required class texts) to our Student Donated Textbook Collection. Pay it forward to help other students save money (and be green)! Drop your books off at the Library Services & Information Desk and fill out a quick form so we know which classes they were from.
- Study supplies (highlighters, pens, index cards, and ear plugs) at the Library Services & Information Desk. While supplies last. Sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks available every night at 11pm at the Library Services & Information Desk. We encourage you to bring your own coffee mug (with a lid).
- Borrow useful items from our "Library of Things" with your StagCard at the Library Services & Information Desk such as phone and laptop chargers, mini white boards, lap desks, a white noise machine for your study room, etc. You can also borrow board games, lawn chairs, museum passes, etc.
- Librarians are available to help you with research and citations.
- Ask a Librarian for help by either dropping by the Library Services & Information Desk during staffed hours, using the 24/7 chat, sending us an email, or schedule a research appointment (in-person or virtual).
- Don't forget that we have tutorials and research and citation guides too!
- There will also be a research librarian available at "Finals Madness", organized by the Office of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs, in their office at the BCC on 5/3, 5/4, and 5/5 from 5:00-7:00pm
- Drop by CRAM JAM on the second reading day, Wed. 5/3 from 11:30am-3:30pm to get help from peer tutors in various subjects or get citation/research help from a librarian. There will be therapy dogs, de-stress activities, snacks, study supplies, and a raffle too! Specific times tutors are available are posted on the event page. Snacks sponsored by OOA, ASR, ITS Help Desk, and Aramark. Study Supplies sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Guided study session using the Pomodoro Technique. The workshop will take place on Thurs. 5/4 from 1:30-4:00pm in room 114. Snacks and de-stress activities provided during enforced study breaks. This is great for time management and to combat multi-tasking.
- The Writing Center and Math Center will offer tutoring. See their pages for more information.
Our events are posted to our Library events calendar (and will soon be added to Life@Fairfield)
- Coloring supplies, puzzles, and legos are placed out on the main level
- Group Scream, every night 5/2-15/9 at 10:00pm on the dot on the Library lawn
- Pet a Therapy Dog. Wed. 11:30-3:30pm (Library lawn or Cafe) and Fri. 5/5 from 11:30-2:30 and 3:00-4:30pm ( Library lawn or rm 114 if there is rain)
- Essential oils, glitter jars, play-doh, therapy dogs, and meet a Bearded Dragon and Chameleon at Cram Jam on Wed. 5/3, our reading day event each finals week to bring together de-stress activities and academic support. Drop by the Library Cafe and Innovation Lab between 11:30-3:30pm.
- The Fairfield University Art Museum will bring over some art supplies on Tues. 5/2 from 2-5pm or while supplies last.
- Walking Meditation 1-Mile Study Break on Wed. 5/3 at 4pm AND Thurs. 5/4 at 12pm. Join students, and a Spiritual Director from Fairfield's Murphy Center for Ignatian Spirituality, for a 30 min. study break to walk outside while contemplating nature and the beauty of our campus. Meet in the Library lobby a few minutes before start time.
- Stretch Session with Fairfield Dance Fusion on Tues. 5/2, 4:00-4:30pm. Library lawn (or rm 114 if there is rain).
- Coffee/Morning Nibbles/Book Chat. Students, faculty, and staff will swap book recs and learn about the Summer Reading Challenge at Lattes with Librarians, Mon. 5/8 10:00-11:00am, rm 114.
- Looking ahead to summer? In need of reading motivation? Sign-up for the Summer Reading Challenge!
- Spotify channel with a variety of playlists and study tunes