The University Archives Needs your Help!
The Fairfield University Archives is asking for your help. As a member of the Fairfield University staff, faculty, or student community, we ask you to consider sharing a written reflection on your experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your submission can touch on your academic work, personal life, or both. Whatever you feel comfortable sharing. You can also include photos, videos, and other digital files. Here are some sample prompts:
- How did your summer plans change?
- What are you and your family doing to stay busy?
- Students, how are you preparing for or feeling about the fall semester or moving back to campus?
- First-year students, tell us about the end of your senior year of high school and your preparation for college.
- If you are a staff or faculty member, how has your work flow changed in preparation for the fall semester?
- Are there any "silver linings" you want to share? Ex: spending more time with family, picking up a new hobby, etc.
Documenting the Fairfield University Experience During the COVID-19 Pandemic is an ongoing initiative that started in April. The University Archives will continue to collect these submissions and add them to our collection, ensuring the inclusion of these valuable stories as part of the permanent University record. We have already received some faculty and staff submissions, as well as student reflections (both individual submissions or related to class assignments). Alumni are also able to contribute too.
For more information about how to participate and FAQs please see our website:
Featured photo from Unsplash by Glenn Carstens-Peters