The Library is here to help you do your best during finals week. Check out all of the ways we’ll help you stay focused, calm, and awake during finals week....
Important Building Info:
- The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open 24 hours starting on Tuesday December 12th through December 21st (closing at 6pm). Then the Library closes on the 21st for the holiday recess. View our Library building hours and staffed research hours.
- We are opening up additional study space in the evenings! Room 114 on the lower level will be available from 5pm-8am Dec. 13th through December 20th. Check back on this page for more updates as well add additional rooms.
- Peet's Coffee is open 7:30am-10pm starting Dec. 14th through the 19th.
- Vending machines, microwave, and a toaster available in the Cafe. There are also desktop computers towards the back of this space and gender inclusive restrooms.
- Return your Library Books before you leave campus for the winter break. You can drop your books to the Library Services & Information Desk or one of the book drops (located in the lobby and another on the exterior Bannow side of the building).
- Donate your class textbooks (or any required class texts) to our Student Donated Textbook Collection. Pay it forward to help other students save money! Drop your books off at the Library Services & Information Desk and fill out a quick form so we know which classes they were from.
- Study supplies (highlighters, pens, index cards, and ear plugs) at the Library Services & Information Desk. While supplies last.
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks available every night at 11:30pm at the Library Services & Information Desk. We encourage you to bring your own coffee mug (with a lid).
- Borrow useful items from our "Library of Things" with your StagCard at the Library Services & Information Desk such as phone and laptop chargers, mini white boards, blue light glasses, book stands, lap desks, a white noise machine for your study room, etc. You can also borrow board games, lawn chairs, etc.
- Instant Ramen Therapy hosted by the East Asian Student Association, Tues. 12/12 from 8-9pm until supplies last. Stop by the lobby to grab your ramen cup and water.
- Cupcake giveaway by the Humanitarian Action Club, Wed. 12/13 from 3-5pm until supplies last. They will also be sharing information about club initiatives.
- Drop by on Mon. 12/11 from 3-5pm to Finals Prep: Make a Plan (calendar planning event). We made a finals week calendar template for you to plan out your finals week. Come use the space and time to organize your calendar, or grab a sheet to fill out another time.
- Librarians are available to help you with research and citations. Ask a Librarian for help by either dropping by the Library Services & Information Desk during staffed hours, using the 24/7 chat, sending us an email, or schedule a research appointment.
- We will also have a research librarian at the Office of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs for "Finals Madness" in the BCC lower level on 12/17 and 12/19 from 5-7pm.
- And don't forget that we have tutorials and research and citation guides too!
- Guided study session using the Pomodoro Technique. We set a timer and you do your work in a distraction free space. Tues. 12/12 from 3:30-5:30pm in room 114. Snacks provided. Arrive on time or early.
- Drop by CRAM JAM at North Benson campus (Wed. 12/13 from 11am-3pm) and at the Bellarmine campus too (Tues. 12/12 from 11am-3pm) to get help from peer tutors or get citation/research help from a librarian. There will be therapy dogs, de-stress activities, snacks and study supplies. Specific times tutors are available will be posted soon.
- Get citation help from librarians and enjoy pizza at ExCITING Pizza on Thurs. 12/14 from 12-1pm in rm 114.
- The Writing Center and Math Center will offer tutoring. See their pages for more information.
- The ITS Help Desk has extended hours. They are open 8am to 10pm Mon.-Thurs. and 8am to 8pm on Friday and 4-8pm on Sunday.
- De-stress programming such as:
- Wags & Wellness - Pet a Therapy Dog on Wed. 12/13 from 11:30-3pm during Cram Jam or Mon. 12/18 from 1-3pm. Room 114. A therapy dog will be at the Bellarmine campus on Tues. 12/12 from 1pm-3pm.
- Book Cafe casual chat about books over coffee and muffins. And learn about the Winter Reading Challenge which kicks off this day. Tues. 12/12, 10am-11am, rm 114
- Looking ahead to the winter break? In need of reading motivation? Sign-up for the Winter Reading Challenge! Or grab a book from the Popular Reading Collection on the main level.
- Cram Jam: A Reading Day Tradition. Drop by the Library Café and Innovation Lab on Wed. 12/13 between 11am-3pm. In addition to tutoring and other academic support there will be de-stress activities which include coloring, play-doh, therapy dog visits, snacks, essential oils, and more.
- Spotify channel with a variety of playlists and study tunes
- 6th Annual Pickle Hunt, Tues. 12/12 at 10am until the last pickle is found. Find one of the eight hidden pickle ornaments hidden and turn it into the Library Info Desk to get a prize. Follow us on Instagram @fairfieldulib for hints.
- Drop by de-stress in rm 114 at Rip, Rage, & Relax on Fri. 12/15 from 11am-3pm. Get out your stress by ripping, crumpling, or playing with paper!
- Button Making, Sunday. 12/17, 11am - 1pm, lobby. Use our button makers and graphics from old magazines to make a stocking stuffer!
- Yule Log Study Break in rm 101 on the weekend, 12/16 and 12/17, from 10am-6pm. Pop in to relax in the dim lighting and cozy musical environment.
- Group Scream, every night 12/12-12/20 at 10pm on the dot on the Library lawn