The Library is here to support you during this extra busy time of the year.
Please note: Programming is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Join a Virtual Study Room on Sunday Dec. 13th from 8:00-9:30pm. It will help you with time management, accountability, and with finding motivation to study or write. A Writing Center tutor moderates the VSR by asking students to declare what they are working on at the beginning. after an hour and a half of independent work among peers (with the ability to ask the tutor quick questions in the Zoom chat) everyone shares what they were able to accomplish. Try it! No registration required.
- New Spotify playlists created by Student Library Advisory Board members. There are also study tunes and playlists created by the Library staff with some of our favorite tunes.
- Need something to look forward to after finals? Sign-up for the Winter Reading Challenge.
- Online tutorials available. We also have curated resource lists for various disciplines a.k.a. Research Guides and Citation Guides (MLA, Chicago, APA, IEEE).
- Research Librarians are here to help you with finding, evaluating, or citing sources. Use the drop-in Zoom link, try the 24/7 chat box on the library homepage, email us, or make a research appointment. Ask a Librarian here.
- Come to a Virtual Study Room (mentioned above). Project Excel and the Office of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs also offer virtual study sessions which are open to all students in all class years. Check Life@Fairfield for details and the links.
- Troubleshooting off-campus access to library resources.
- ACADEMIC COMMONS SERVICES:
- ITS Help Desk staff are available Dec 14th- Dec 20thth ! Mon-Thurs 7:45-am-9:00 pm, Friday 7:45- 5pm and Sunday 2:00pm-8:00pm.
- Peer tutoring dates and times, in various subjects, posted on Life@Fairfield.
- Check the Math Center webpage for virtual drop-in hours and to schedule individual virtual tutoring appointments.
- The Writing Center will be open for virtual tutoring: Saturday, 12/12: 12-3pm (Zoom drop-in help); Sunday, 12/13: 12-4pm (Zoom drop-in help); Monday, 12/14: 1-4pm (appointment only); Tuesday, 12/15: 3-8pm (appointment only); Wednesday 12/16: 5-8pm (appointment only)
- Virtual Pet therapy! Take a break to meet some campus pets and hear some fun facts about them. If you are home and have a pet we would love for you to bring your pet onto the Zoom too! Library staff and Counseling & Psychological Services pets will be on Zoom Thursday 12/17 from 1-2pm. AND Campus Ministry and Library staff pets will be on Zoom on Friday 12/18 1-2pm.
- Wear a holiday sweater and grab a cup of coffee/tea/ or cocoa for our monthly Zoom coffee hour, Lattes with Librarians (Wed. 12/16 10-11am). There will be holiday trivia, an overview of the Winter Reading Challenge, and time for everyone to chat.
- Get access to our new original coloring pages, designed by a Fairfield U art student at the Virtual Coloring Party (Tues. 12/15 drop-in 3:30-5:00pm) or color whatever you like! All will be entered into the RAFFLE.
- The annual Pickle Hunt is virtual! Chance to win a PRIZE each day. See graphic below for details.
- Download and print our 2020 #ColorOurCollections coloring book, using images from the Library's special collections and original artwork. BTW we are currently working on a new one which will come out in February 2021.
- Try a meditation app shared by our friends in Counseling & Psychological Services. Download the UCLA Health app. C&P recommends the 3 min. body scan- practice it daily to help decrease stress and anxiety.
- Go for a walk while listening to a new podcast recommended by the Library staff for relaxation and focus.
Finish finals early? Got some free time?
- Apply for the Library Research Prize for the chance to win $1,000. Proud of a research assignment you worked on this semester? Upload your assignment and bibliography, write a short paper on your research process, and ask your faculty member to support your application.
- Add your story to our archives! Contribute to the "Documenting the Fairfield University Experience During COVID-19 Pandemic" archival project. Tell us about your experiences through the pandemic through a written reflection, photos, or video. Ex: how your holiday plans had to change; your experience taking online classes; move-in or move-out from campus experience; how you are keeping in touch with family and friends. Multiple submissions are okay!