Home Delivery Service
Physical materials, such as print books and DVDs, can be shipped straight from the Library to your home.
Home delivery service is available to support Fairfield University graduate students and faculty that are 100% remote and therefore unable to make it to campus to retrieve items. There is no shipping cost to use this service. Packages are shipped FedEx 2 Day, and a FedEx return label is included in shipment. The recipient is responsible for lost or damaged materials.
Fully remote students and faculty will be able to place requests for home delivery through:
- The “Request” feature in the catalog.
- You must be signed into the library catalog (Primo) with your NetID and password. Once you are signed in, the record for each item will display a “Request” hyperlink that you can use for each item and then select the pickup location as “Home Address” and type out your full current home address in the “Confirm Home Address” field before clicking “Send Request”. See our tutorial for information on how to set up your Primo account.
- If the item is an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request, fill out the ILL form: https://fairfield.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html
- Return items to the Library using the provided shipping label.
- Home delivery available only to graduate students and faculty that are 100% remote and therefore not able to get to campus to retrieve library materials.
- Faculty and staff can still request to have library materials delivered to their on campus office through the Request feature in the catalog by selecting "Work Address" from the drop-down.
- Scan and Deliver service is also still available. Scan & Deliver is an electronic document delivery service for all students, faculty, and staff that allows you to request electronically scanned journal articles and book chapters from the library’s own collections.
Questions? Contact email@example.com