Library Info for Finals Week
This is information you will want to know as you head into finals week. Check out all of the ways we will help you stay focused, calm, and awake in the coming days....
Library Building Info & Reminders:
- Open 24 hours starting May 3rd through May 10th. See our calendar for building hours beyond May 10th & our staffed in-person research help hours during finals week (24 hr research help available on our website)
- Extra study space available:
- Main Level:
- Writing Center: 6:00pm-8:00am, 5/6- 5/10
- Room 231 (Peer Tutoring Rm near the Popular Reading Collection): 8:30pm-7:00am, 5/3-5/10 (food and drinks are not permitted in this space)
- Lower Level:
- Room 107C (Classroom near Global Fairfield offices): 6:00pm-8:00am, 5/3-5/10
- Room 114 (Library Instruction Classroom): 6:00pm-8:00am, 5/3-5/10
- Main Level:
- Study Rooms in the Library must be booked through the Library’s Room Reservation page. Most rooms are designed for group study so be aware of the room policies when you make a reservation. There are also drop-in spaces on the lower level you may not be aware of such the Quiet Study Area (rm 115), Collaboratories (room with cubicles for group work), and a recently renovated secluded spot next to the Collaboratories.
- Vending machines, microwave, and a toaster available in the Cafe. There are also desktop computers towards the back of this space and gender inclusive restrooms.
- Return your Library Books before you leave campus for the summer. You can drop your books to the Library Services & Information Desk or one of the book drops (located in the lobby and another on the exterior Bannow side of the building).
- Donate your class textbooks (or any required class texts) to our Student Donated Textbook Collection. Pay it forward to help other students save money! Drop your books off at the Library Services & Information Desk and fill out a quick form so we know which classes they were from.
- Library Dunkin’ hours extended until 8:00pm
- Librarians are available to help you with research and citations both in-person and online. See our Ask a Librarian page for all the ways to contact us. And don’t forget that we have online tutorials, research guides, and citation guides!
- The Writing Center will offer tutoring. Book appointments in advance.
- The Math Center will offer tutoring. Book appointments in advance.
- Drop by CRAM JAM: An Academic Support Reading Day Tradition, on the second reading day, Wed. 5/4 from 11:30am-4:30pm to get help from peer tutors in various subjects or get citation/research help from a librarian. There will be snacks, study supplies, a therapy dog visit, and other de-stress offerings. Specific times tutors are available will be posted on the event page. This event is organized by the the DiMenna-Nyselius Library in partnership The Writing Center, Math Center, Office of Academic Support & Retention, Counseling & Psychological Services, and the Office of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs.
- Random Acts of Snacks. Snacks will be delivered by campus dining sporadically and they will be put out on the Library Services & Information Desk. While supplies last.
- Late night coffee/tea and snacks sponsored by the Library. Starting at 10pm. While supplies last.
- Pizza Delivery for the whole building, sponsored by FUSA. Follow us on Instagram for the date and time.
- Study supplies available at the Library Services & Information Desk. While supplies last.
- Borrow useful items from our "Library of Things" with your StagCard at the Library Services & Information Desk such as phone and laptop chargers, mini white boards, blue light glasses, book stands, lap desks, a white noise machine for your study room, etc. You can also borrow board games, lawn chairs, and more!
- De-stress events such as:
- Group Scream, occurring every night during finals at 10:00pm on the dot. Quick study break to gather (rain or shine) with other studious Stags on the Library lawn to let off some steam by screaming in unison.
- Doodle & Design, Supplies and snacks provided. A Fairfield University Art Museum instructor provides this workshop via live stream, Tuesday 5/3, 5:00-6:00pm, Library rm 114. Doodling workshop offered by the Fairfield University Art Museum
- Celebrate the winners of the Library Research Prize. Hear about their research projects and enjoy refreshments. Tuesday 5/3, 3:00-4:00pm, Library rm 101.
- Therapy Dog Visit during Cram Jam, Wednesday 5/4, 1:00-3:00pm, Library lobby, (see above for info about this academic support event)
- Relax with Watercolors, Friday 5/6, 12:00-3:00pm, Library rm 114. Paint with watercolors and enjoy snacks and relaxing music
- SnackChat - Grab a Snack and Learn about our Summer Reading Challenge, Monday 5/9 3:00-4:00pm, Library lobby
- Stretch & Move with workout equipment, on loan from the RexPlex, available on the lower level near Global Fairfield offices. Take a quick break to stretch, jump rope, or bounce on a yoga ball!
- Enjoy reading? Sign-up for the 3rd annual Summer Reading Challenge.
- View campus art work. Grab an Outdoor Sculpture Map from our de-stress table. Or visit one of the FUAM art exhibits on campus at the Walsh Art Gallery or Bellarmine
- Spotify channel with a variety of playlists and study tunes